New "Weekly Specials" with Sep-Oct 05 dates

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakWPK

Conductor
AU Supporting Member
Honored Member
Checking the Weekly Specials page, there are a number of trains with June travel date specials, but there are also 16 trains (8 in each direction) with dates starting in September running into October, which seems a little unusual. I wonder if they are trying to get a bunch of seats booked into that time period for funding arguments?? I just don't remember seeing them with beginning dates so far into the future on the Weekly Specials (Rail Sale) page. I've seen long running sales before but not with beginning dates so far away in time. The June travel specials end June 30, and the next batch don't start until Sept. 6th.

I noticed that as well. For the last several years, I've used a rail sale fare for a trip on my birthday in mid-June but none were available that were of use for me. I'm thinking that most of the long distance trains are filling up this summer and rail sale fares aren't needed for Amtrak.

Seems to me the state-sponsored trains, such as the Pennsylvanian, always seem to have seats on sale.

Funny how the LD trains have filled up this summer, no?

CORRECTION: rmadisonwi is correct. The Pennsylvanian is *not* state-supported.

It's just that the last time I rode it, it was, and that outdated bit of information has stuck in my brain until reading the post here.

Back