New train travelers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLMissouri

Help!

We are new to this!

We tried booking our tickets( Round trip St. Louis to Chicago) online and got this message:

R65 Invalid Ticketing Channel (when I looked up the cause and solution, it indicates that we must call the AMK help desk to have them remove the internet restriction)

Is the source of the promotional code an issue with the help desk?

???

Thank you.

Before we call the help desk I wanted to make sure that it is okay to use any promotional code found on the internet. Does the source matter? I did just a little research and found it fairly easily- it is not related to our jobs or our membership in anything.

Thank you!

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your help!!

Wish us luck on our first train trip ever! We are definitely looking forward to it, even though it is a relatively short trip. (I know that we need to chill and keep any "type A" tendencies in check...)

Thanks again.

SLMissouri said:
Before we call the help desk I wanted to make sure that it is okay to use any promotional code found on the internet. Does the source matter? I did just a little research and found it fairly easily- it is not related to our jobs or our membership in anything.
Thank you!
The only thing you need to be concered about is the vailidity dates on the promo code and the trains that are involved. Some promo codes are very specific to certain trains - others to various times of the year - and others for specific functions/events.

What code do you have and what is the title?

"Guest", you are so right.

We'd like to go from Saint Louis to Chicago round trip, probably the third or fourth week in June. We tried H568;it did not work for our particular situation.

How can I research other resources? I like doing the legwork, but I seem to be spending a lot of time looking at old codes. Bleeeaauugh! What am I doing wrong? :p

I don't know where to find the current promotional codes (I know there was a link on here a few weeks back), but, you can always check the weekly deals on the Amtrak website. They usually run specials between St Louis and Chicago almost every week.

Thank you!

I will continue to check the specials.

Because the distance is so short, it might be close to the same $$ to fly, though we'd rather take the train.

On to more research.....

H568 was the "campus visit" promo code in which two people could take the train for the price of one. You pay full fare for one passenger and then enter this code and the other passenger could ride for free. This code was readily available online, however I did get word that Amtrak was no longer accepting this particular discount code. I believe they had only alotted a certain amount of seats on most routes for this promotion and the seats have long since sold out for the summer.

H568 is still valid, however you need to go to www.campusvisit.com/amtrak, complete the necessary form and receive the discount code for the booking.

Give that a try and see if it works.

There is a 7 day advance requirement on this discount and if you were playing by the rules, one of you would be a student visiting a college and the other would be a parent.

As a previous poster has noted, seats are limited for this promotion and with the busy summer college visitations by legitimate users of the code, the seats may be blacked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back