New to the forum

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LIRR

Just thought I would introduce myself here. I'm Hank, originally from LI, NY but have lived all over and am now living in TN. I've ridden Amtrak a few times but never knew this forum was here. Discovered it by accident the other day while Googling some info for an upcoming trip from St. Louis to AZ and was trying to find info on Maricopa station. Read through things and seemed like a lot of good info here, so here I am.

Welcome. I found the site the same way - researching for a trip that I took in 2011. And have been "hooked" ever since. Have actually met some of the guys & gals this past year.

Just thought I would introduce myself here. I'm Hank, originally from LI, NY but have lived all over and am now living in TN. I've ridden Amtrak a few times but never knew this forum was here. Discovered it by accident the other day while Googling some info for an upcoming trip from St. Louis to AZ and was trying to find info on Maricopa station. Read through things and seemed like a lot of good info here, so here I am.
Welcome aboard. This has been a very good resource for most of us members for a long time.

Go ahead and join and get a username, costs nothing, and has benefits.

And join AGR (Amtrak Guest Rewards) - there is a section of the forum devoted to it. Many of us have made many long trips for little or no cost using it.

Best to you.

Welcome aboard! :hi:

And I echo the above suggestions. With the AGR credit card, I charge everything to it, including luxuries like gas and food, and earn over 1,000-2,000 AGR points every month! That is like getting a free trip on Amtrak each year for something you would pay cash for anyway. The most important thing is to pay the credit card bill in full every month. That way, the interest rate is -00-% per year. And the annual fee for the credit card is $-00.00-! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. I am in Long Island right now!!

We are a bunch of train/Amtrak fans and share our

experiences with each other. I hope you will like

us here.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here, and remember, we dont bite.......much. :p

We are here to help as much as we can. The rest is up to Amtrak and the weather, oh..and the host railroads too. :p

Anthony

Back