New Schedules

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the new schedules have actually been uploaded to the amtrak.com site so if you go to the schedules page and click on the route the new schedule should pop up. All the changes to take effect October 31 have, of course, been made in the online reservations system at this point.

There are quite a few subtle changes on the California funded thruway motorcoach routes, most notably the startup of a new twice daily Merced to Monterey route via Los Banos, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, and Salinas.

Ah, you were referring to the national timetable... I thought you meant the individual route timetables. They will probably publish the new national one any minute, possibly as I type this since they have just updated the individual route schedules within the last few hours.

Often times they wait til the last second to publish the new schedules because it might cause confusion for novice passengers if they're trying to find a train for today (for example) not Monday.

battalion51 said:
Often times they wait til the last second to publish the new schedules because it might cause confusion for novice passengers if they're trying to find a train for today (for example) not Monday.
True, Battalion, except that in the past I've seen that the new timetable indeed went to press well before the effective date, but it wasn't distributed to the public until maybe a day or so before that date. Of course certain railfans can beg for it, and usually they will give in, well aware that we won't make the mistake that the public might make and use the wrong timetable since we know of the change.

Actually, the new National timetable has been available for at least a couple of weeks now. I picked one up on Friday, October 14.

They have been around for several weeks, but they are not put on public display until they are in effect - to avoid confusion on the part of the masses.

There has been one last minute change. The Crescent - #19 will be arriving and departing 10 minutes earlier than posted in the timetable due to a last minute change. Notices will be posted in all affected stations.

They goofed with some of the new online timetables.

For Chicago-Illinois & Missouri service, their link does not work.

For Keystone Service, the link says Oct05, but the problem is that there was an earlier timetable change on October 3rd - so it's still picking up the older schedule.

Back