New Phase VII P42: #174

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From various railfan pics I've seen today, as well as seen from the MH tower railcam on Railstream, I see that there is now a P42 now painted in Phase VII livery (shown below).

1706581995955.png

To my knowledge, this is the only P42 within the Phase VII livery. I'm assuming this came from Beech Grove. It makes me wonder if there are any other Phase VII P42s coming? Other than the chargers, I know there's a few GPs floating around with this livery as well.

Does this mean it is likely to lead the Capitol Limited back to Chicago tomorrow? I’m not quite up to speed yet when it comes to turning trains around in DC.

Does this mean it is likely to lead the Capitol Limited back to Chicago tomorrow? I’m not quite up to speed yet when it comes to turning trains around in DC.
The consist does not turn the same day. The locomotive is a different matter, but most likely it won;t turn the same day on the same train either, in case of 29/30 at Washington DC.

Matching consists on Amtrak?! I'll believe it when I see it..
I know that all of the horizons, amfleets, and superliners (outside of the CA region) share the phase 5 livery. They probably will eventually share the same paint scheme as the venture cars.

It will take quite a while though. I'm sure anything that comes out of Beech Grove will probably have the new phase 7 livery.

I know that all of the horizons, amfleets, and superliners (outside of the CA region) share the phase 5 livery. They probably will eventually share the same paint scheme as the venture cars.

It will take quite a while though. I'm sure anything that comes out of Beech Grove will probably have the new phase 7 livery.

Yup, we were nearly there and then they came out with the new Viewliner cars, lmao.

I caught 174 last night making its first trip on the California Zephyr since its repainting. It led Amtrak #5(01) out of Ottumwa, Iowa as the first of three units. I'm glad I got what I could as this morning, it was reported 174 was taken off at Denver for use on the Winter Park Express. Hope the new paint scheme gets a lot of eyeballs on it in ski train service.

MVI_8340 - frame at 0m10s.jpg

Back