New Nissan Ultima commercial

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Sorry this is slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen the new Nissan Ultima commercial? It starts with the car just doing a bunch of close call tricks, but the last one make me sick. It shows crossing gates going down and it has the car shoot under it just before the train goes by...yea. I can't believe they would use this as advertising, its disgusting.

Sorry just had to vent.

Yeah, i 've seen it too, I may be wrong, but it appears to me that, the gates would be going down in front of the TRAIN, not the car, as if it is giving the Nissan the right of way, I would really have to watch it again.

Jon

capltd29 said:
Yeah, i 've seen it too, I may be wrong, but it appears to me that, the gates would be going down in front of the TRAIN, not the car, as if it is giving the Nissan the right of way, I would really have to watch it again.

Jon
Oh good point. I did not think about that. I will check it out again next time I see it.

That's true. The gates are in front of the train. But the impression made is of the car beating the train to the crossing, and that is pretty irresponsible.

PRR 60 said:
That's true. The gates are in front of the train. But the impression made is of the car beating the train to the crossing, and that is pretty irresponsible.
Yea. If it takes twice to figure out that its in front of the train, that is not good.

For those of you who can remember this, there's also a Looney Tunes episode where a motorcycle is speeding along side a huge steam train, they get to a crossing the gates come down in front of the train, and it stops on a dime, both of which WE all know can never happen in real life. From Nissan's perspective it's cute advertising, but they're definitely not the only ones who ever have or ever will do something like this.

Back