Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, everyone. Glad to join this group. Have only done 2-3 short Amtrak segments many years ago. Just bought a USA Rail Pass and will embark on my 30-day trip next week. Been reading lots of posts here and watching YouTube videos, so I know what to expect.

One minor question I couldn't figure out after a lot of searching. Do the bathrooms in coach have a hook on the inside of the door or some other place to put a small backpack? Even though the chance of something being stolen is low (not leaving it out, asking a friendly neighbor to watch it, etc.) I'm thinking I might sometimes take a small backpack with any valuables (small laptop, tablet, etc.) with me when I go to the bathroom. Looks pretty tight in there from the videos/photos I saw, but I'm not very tall or wide.

Thanks!

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. I cannot answer your questions for all coach restrooms, but I know for a fact that I was in one several years ago and used the hook for my purse (and almost left if there).

thee only

Hey, everyone. Glad to join this group. Have only done 2-3 short Amtrak segments many years ago. Just bought a USA Rail Pass and will embark on my 30-day trip next week. Been reading lots of posts here and watching YouTube videos, so I know what to expect.

One minor question I couldn't figure out after a lot of searching. Do the bathrooms in coach have a hook on the inside of the door or some other place to put a small backpack? Even though the chance of something being stolen is low (not leaving it out, asking a friendly neighbor to watch it, etc.) I'm thinking I might sometimes take a small backpack with any valuables (small laptop, tablet, etc.) with me when I go to the bathroom. Looks pretty tight in there from the videos/photos I saw, but I'm not very tall or wide.

Thanks!
All the coach bathrooms that I've ever been in are of ample space aside from the ensuite bathrooms. They are not airplane size.

Back