New Member - Penny's sister

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
My little sister just joined AU - NinaD. I hope she posts something and says something about herself.

When she was in high school, she traveled from Miami to Waldo to visit me in college (pre-Amtrak). She joined me on the Silver Meteor once from ORL to WAS, and we have traveled on the Acela FC from WAS to BOS a couple of times. She has also taken regional trains from BWI to NYP.

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. It is a pleasure to have you in our group.

Only one question: Do you make wrong turns like another member of this group??

Looking forward to meeting you.

My sister has a much better sense of direction than I do, and does not make many wrong turns. She probably is more "normal" than I am also. She has 2 dogs, a cat, 2 sons, and a daughter-in-law. She likes football and eats "normal" food. :giggle:

She has a real job, so probably does not have as much time as I do to post.

My sister has a much better sense of direction than I do, and does not make many wrong turns. She probably is more "normal" than I am also. She has 2 dogs, a cat, 2 sons, and a daughter-in-law. She likes football and eats "normal" food. :giggle:

She has a real job, so probably does not have as much time as I do to post.
NORMAL, What is that?

Aloha

When she was in high school ...(and) ... in college (pre-Amtrak).
Did they have trains way back then? :blush: :eek: :giggle:

Welcome Nina! :hi:
Yes, there were trains back then. :p I used to drive up to Waldo in 1974-75 when I attended U of Fla and watch the passenger trains go by. I believe the Silver Meteor came in around 9:30am southbound and stopped in Ocala also. In the afternoon, the Meteor stopped in Waldo around 3pm.

And welcome to Nina as a new member. Look forward to meeting you at the Gathering.

Did we scare Nina away? :eek: Penny, didn't you warn her about us before she signed up? :ph34r: :p
Yes, Betty, I DID warn her. :giggle: I sent her an email this morning encouraging her to read the welcome comments and post something about herself. I guess if she does not post anything, I will have to continue posting information about her. She is planning to attend the next Gathering with me.

Hi, I am Penny's sister Nina. Thanks for welcoming me. I am not as much of a traveler as my sister, but i have enjoyed taking trips with her when she comes up north. I am looking forward to taking her next trip with her, and also to being a part of your forum.

Welcome Nina. I am so pleased to see you here. I hope you are wearing your new snow/rain boots when you walk the dogs in the nasty weather you are getting in Maryland today.

:eek:

Welcome Nina.

So far just rain here too. It's been downgraded. We may get a coating to an inch or two.

Looking forward to temps in the 50's starting this weekend.

Back