New Gathering Committee Members

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Please join me in welcoming two new members of the Gathering Planning Committee, Betty (AmtrakBlue) and Charlie (CHamilton). :) They replace Anthony and Jay on the committee.

:hi: Some Geographic Diversity at Last! AU is finally getting away from the East Coast/Central Bias that it always had! We thank Anthony and Jay for their Contributions to the Gatherings and definitely look forward to having Betty2 and Charlie serve with the other Distinguished (and not so Distinguished! :giggle: )Committee Members!

Thanks!

Jim, ahem, I'm an east coaster. :D

Dave, I'll see what I can do (if I haven't been kicked off the committee by then...aren't we back on the east coast in 2015?). Of course, there might be better bribes, I mean reasons, to hold it somewhere else. Though viewing the Penthouse is certainly "up there". :giggle:

Congratulations to both Betty and Charlie! :)
Remember to vote for KIN for the 2016 Gathering. I'll even let everyone view the Penthouse Suite! (I didn't say ride on or stay in, just view! :p )
The Left Coast Constituency knows it's their turn to host the next Gathering in 2014 ( are you using a different Calendar Dave?) and with Charlie on the Committee I'm sure we will end up in a Great City (say Portland or the Bay Area!) but it definitely wont be in the NE, especially in Rhode Island!!! :p And when we go East again in 2015 Florida seems like a Great Place especially with Ms. Florida (Penny) on the Committee! If we go to Orlando I have a Reservation @ Chez Penny @ a Great Price, Free! And that includes Limo service and FreeHealthy Food and Beer! :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to both Betty and Charlie! :)
Remember to vote for KIN for the 2016 Gathering. I'll even let everyone view the Penthouse Suite! (I didn't say ride on or stay in, just view! :p )
And I will tow the Penthouse suite behind my restored GG-1 with a special high speed HEP car containing a nuclear generator for power. :eek: :unsure: :giggle: :help: :lol:

Aloha

:hi: Some Geographic Diversity at Last! AU is finally getting away from the East Coast/Central Bias that it always had! We thank Anthony and Jay for their Contributions to the Gatherings and definitely look forward to having Betty2 and Charlie serve with the other Distinguished (and not so Distinguished! :giggle: )Committee Members!
So Patrick living in LA didn't count? Eric living in Hawaii & now Las Vegas didn't count? And while Anthony was living on the East Coast during his service, he grew up in the West. When he started this forum he was living in Arizona.

** for those who may think the_traveler is calling me names, I originally came up with those nicknames for the 2 Betty's since the other Betty lives in Normal. **. :p

Like Amtrak, I can be slow at times, but I usually, eventually, get there. :blush:

I think Betty and Charlie are great choices for the committee! :cool:

Congratulations, good luck, and have some fun with it!

(Which I suspect you two will! :lol: )

And THANK YOU to Anthony and Jay for all you've done! :hi:

Back