New Furniture in Chicago Met Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
While we were there last Thursday (6/26) they were moving in some brand new furniture. Course, I then saw a young girl dump her drink on a brand new chair.

Thats a nice change to look foward too. I will be riding the texas eagle on the 18th and hope the new furniture isn't to stained by the time I see it!

And I can confirm the new furnature, as I'm now sitting on it. :)

Mind you only the chairs were replaced, the tables are still old and bear the scars of many battles with rolling luggage.

Another nice addition that I noticed and was unaware of, is a newly installed computer workstation where passengers can browse the net and check email. Sadly only one, at least so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another nice addition that I noticed and was unaware of, is a newly installed computer workstation where passengers can browse the net and check email. Sadly only one, at least so far.
There was one such computer there on Mother's Day this year when I was there, though I didn't see anyone using it to know for sure that it actually worked.

While we were there last Thursday (6/26) they were moving in some brand new furniture. Course, I then saw a young girl dump her drink on a brand new chair.
I think I saw that chair.... did they tape it up with a Do not sit here sign? I was sitting next to it!! :)

We need like an Amtrak Unlimited pin that everyone wares when they are riding the rails ....

Mind you only the chairs were replaced, the tables are still old and bear the scars of many battles with rolling luggage.

Alan, with the changes in furniture and the new work station, I hope they didn't change the sliding glass doors or the entrance to the Amtrak area? :p

Actually, I saw them unboxing at least one new sofa. Seems like it was kinda a old style with wood legs, not the typical sofas they have in there.

Alan,

Did not know you were in Chicago today. I just got back from Washington, DC with my dad. WE flew out for the 4th. I did get a ride in on the Acela. Went to Philly, and then rode over to Harrisburg and back. Then did the R6 route 100, frankfort-market subway loop. It was really cool.

See you in Tampa,

Steve

Did not know you were in Chicago today. I just got back from Washington, DC with my dad. WE flew out for the 4th. I did get a ride in on the Acela. Went to Philly, and then rode over to Harrisburg and back. Then did the R6 route 100, frankfort-market subway loop. It was really cool.
And I didn't know you were in Philly :) All these years, and I've still never ridden the "Pig & Whistle" (R100)...

I was just in the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge for the first time yesterday and was impressed. Learned so many things on this trip! Enjoyed meeting up with Alan B and rmadisonwi in CHI on our layover. More to follow! Just got around to turning on the computer after sorting through 11 days of laundry, maps, souvenirs and what not! Oh and I will post this in the announcement section as well, but in the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge as Alan B was checking out the site, I decided to change my screen name. I thought dispensing advice with the name "rail rookie" might cause some anxiety in folks that are new here to the board and I have now taken in just one trip......7 Amtrak trains! Yes....SEVEN!!!!

SWC: KCY-CHI

LSL: CHI-NYP

Carolinian: NYP-WAS

Acela 2212: WAS-BWI (Baltimore Airport)

Regional 143: BWI-WAS

CL: WAS-CHI

CZ: (first CZ through since June 13th) CHI-WAS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back