new cars for Northeast

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berkyo

Service Attendant
Not sure if anyone saw this or not or would be interested but I thought I would post it anyway, Elmira is a local town for me.

CAF USA's New Amtrak Trains
Amtrak CEO visits Elmira Heights Company and talks about more jobs coming.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
/usr/images/FILE_CAF.jpg
A local manufacturer shows off one of it's big projects and the customer likes what he sees. Amtrak's President and CEO, Joe Boardman, came to CAF U-S-A in Elmira Heights today. He's impressed with the progress on 130 new passenger rail cars for long distance travel.
The new sleeping cars, baggage cars and diners will replace an aging fleet, with major upgrades in amenities, technology and efficiency.
The project has brought CAF USA back to life over the last couple of years, creating hundreds of jobs. Cemung County Executive, Tom Santulli, says more jobs are coming: "This is the first phase of a much larger contract. They will work to get to build more Amtrack trains, so this is all good stuff."
Boardman confirmed, saying CAF USA expects to add 200 more jobs by 2015. The nearly 300 million dollar project will supply new railcars for several northeastern Amtrak routes.

That lets me haul this old favorite out:

lock_dance.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back