Need Help w/ Ideas For Points Run in SoCal, Today!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrdude

Engineer
I'm done w/ my business in La Mirada at 4:00pm today, and wondered if anyone has any quick ideas for a Points Run later today? I have a rental car, and will be staying at the LAX airport Hilton tonite.

Thanks to any/all who suggest.

No problem, I've got it figured for you.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 592 Pacific Surfliner (LAX - FUL)

Depart: 8:30 pm, Wed, Apr 27, 2011

Arrive: 9:02 pm, Wed, Apr 27, 2011

Duration: 0 hr, 32 min

Amenities

1 Adult

$9.50

1 Unreserved Coach Seat

Subtotal $9.50

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 595 Pacific Surfliner (FUL - LAX)

Depart: 10:29 pm, Wed, Apr 27, 2011

Arrive: 11:05 pm, Wed, Apr 27, 2011

Duration: 0 hr, 36 min

Amenities

1 Adult

$9.50

1 Unreserved Coach Seat

Subtotal $9.50

Terms & Conditions Total$19.00

Or for a bit less $ go North to Glendale.

$ each way.

If it's on time, you could have a 5 minute layover. Or if not, 2.5 hours.

#785 7:00 LAX 7:13 GDL

#798 7:18 GDL 7:40 LAX

or

#796 9:45 GDL 10:10 LAX

Either way has you at LAX earlier.

That's LAX Union Station. Since you'll be in La Mirada; you'll be closer to Fullerton.

Go from Fullerton to Anaheim and back. FUL-ANA

$6.50 each way for 100 points each way plus spring double.

You'll be done earlier and closer to both your biz in La Mirada and LAX the airport.

Or for a bit less $ go North to Glendale.

$ each way.

If it's on time, you could have a 5 minute layover. Or if not, 2.5 hours.

#785 7:00 LAX 7:13 GDL

#798 7:18 GDL 7:40 LAX

or

#796 9:45 GDL 10:10 LAX

Either way has you at LAX earlier.

That's LAX Union Station. Since you'll be in La Mirada; you'll be closer to Fullerton.

Go from Fullerton to Anaheim and back. FUL-ANA

$6.50 each way for 100 points each way plus spring double.

You'll be done earlier and closer to both your biz in La Mirada and LAX the airport.
Since you're driving to the train, go from Fullerton. Parking is either free or cheap, compared to $8 and up at Union Station.

Since you're driving to the train, go from Fullerton. Parking is either free or cheap, compared to $8 and up at Union Station.
Aloha

A warning, The signs at the Fullerton Station last Saturday said parking was limited to 3 hours.

I dont know if this matters but I think Fullerton has a nicer station facility. If I remember correctly Glendale is just concrete platform with a small shelter and Metrolink/Amtrak ticket booths.

I dont know if this matters but I think Fullerton has a nicer station facility. If I remember correctly Glendale is just concrete platform with a small shelter and Metrolink/Amtrak ticket booths.
Thanks all! I opted for the nice Fullerton, CA station, and rode all the way down to Oceanside, CA. A little more than I wanted to spend, but what a view out the window!

When I got to Fullerton, the Southbound Surfliner was just pulling in! A quick dash up the stairs and over the tracks, and a YELL to the conductor to "hold that train" as I was bounding down the stairs, got me on the 4:40pm!

Had dinner in Oceanside, and back to Fullerton at 6:55pm. That, plus three stays at Hilton(s), and my Continental miles all add to the AGR account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back