NEC Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundpounder

Train Attendant
Hello,

I'm thinking of doing a round trip between RTE and NYP, and I have a connection question. I'd like to get back to RTE fairly early in the day, to avoid rush hour traffic on my drive home. There is a train that gets me back to RTE around 3pm, but it only gives me 40 min between trains in NYP. First, how risky is that, and second, is it easy enough to get on a later train if I miss the one that I was scheduled to take?

Thanks

If the NEC is operating normally then 40 minutes is more than adequate.

If you find that you are getting delayed enough to get close to missing the originally planned return train, you must call or log into Amtrak.com and rebook yourself on a later train by using the "Change" option on the web page. You can do so using your smartphone and the Amtrak app, or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL. Of course whenever you change an itinerary there is a small chance that the new train you trying to get on is sold out, and a somewhat higher probability that you will land up paying a different fare, which could be higher or lower depending on many factors.

If the NEC is operating normally then 40 minutes is more than adequate.

If you find that you are getting delayed enough to get close to missing the originally planned return train, you must call or log into Amtrak.com and rebook yourself on a later train by using the "Change" option on the web page. You can do so using your smartphone and the Amtrak app, or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL. Of course whenever you change an itinerary there is a small chance that the new train you trying to get on is sold out, and a somewhat higher probability that you will land up paying a different fare, which could be higher or lower depending on many factors.
OK, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back