National Train Day: Video from Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TampAGS

Service Attendant
A glimpse into what the day's festivities were like for those not living near one of the four major event sites. This event was hosted by the Florida Coalition of Rail Passengers, the National Association of Railroad Passengers, and the Friends of Tampa Union Station, and featured tours of Superliner equipment Amtrak brought in for the day. This was a treat for us here in Viewliner-country, and the video features part of my tour of the cars. See the video here:

Overall, it was a fun day with live music, model trains, and the obligatory Florida dose of Disney, not to mention Ice Girls and a Blue Moon to boot! :lol: (And that's just Part 1... I'm still working on Part 2.)

While you're there, three other new videos have been added to my "Silver Screen" playlist in the past two weeks: "Crescent Roll", "Meteor-lando II", and "Backtrack". Just follow the links from the Train Day video, or click on my banner below. B)

That is cool they let you go down to the kitchen. I have never been down there before. It is a pretty good size considering it is on a train. Course, a large portion of it is for dish washing which on most trains, there is not much of anymore.

That is cool they let you go down to the kitchen. I have never been down there before. It is a pretty good size considering it is on a train. Course, a large portion of it is for dish washing which on most trains, there is not much of anymore.
Yeah, it is probably not the "ideal" kitchen, but it's got more counter-space than mine does.

There is a certain thrill in going down stairs marked with "Do not enter. Authorized personnel only." :p

Of course, it's a thrill I'd gladly forgo for the opportunity to actually travel in one of those cars. I don't expect Tampa will see another one of those anytime soon.

A glimpse into what the day's festivities were like for those not living near one of the four major event sites. This event was hosted by the Florida Coalition of Rail Passengers, the National Association of Railroad Passengers, and the Friends of Tampa Union Station, and featured tours of Superliner equipment Amtrak brought in for the day. This was a treat for us here in Viewliner-country, and the video features part of my tour of the cars. See the video here: 

As always, my banner below links to a playlist with these and other Amtrak videos. Enjoy and thanks...

I took my two boys (10 and 9) there since we are all taking our first train trip to DC nect month. We went through several times and it was fun to try out all the bedroom configurations. The kids were most impressed with the sleeper bathrooms. My only regret was that there were no Coaches available to walk through since that it is where we will be riding. A train pulled out while we were there and that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back