National Train Day AGR promotion?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC4400

Lead Service Attendant
I know there is an on-going double point promotion. But I'm just wondering if there would be a triple point promotion on this year's National Train Day as of last year.

The last three years I was away the week before National Train Day and I missed all but one day of Triple points. This year I made sure I had nothing going on this week, and sure enough.....no triple points. I wish AGR would have the triple points on May 11,but it is not to be. Maybe next year.

I have been taking one or two trips a week on the Keystone service. Some of the lowest fares between Amtrak stations in the country, so I have been racking up those double points.

The last three years I was away the week before National Train Day and I missed all but one day of Triple points. This year I made sure I had nothing going on this week, and sure enough.....no triple points. I wish AGR would have the triple points on May 11,but it is not to be. Maybe next year.
Ah! So it's your fault that none of us get triple points this year; you stayed home. :lol: :lol:

Just kidding of course. I suspect that triple points just became a victim of its own success. Amtrak I suspect didn't want the added expense this year along with the sequester cuts to their budget.

Back