NARP Membership renewal question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
Hello,

Last week, I had renewed my NARP membership, but when I got my new membership card emailed to me, it's a different membership number than I had last year. Is this normal with NARP memberships? Do they give you a new membership number every year that you renew?

Thanks in advance,
Tom Martin

If it is any comfort it is taking NARP almost a year to get their upgraded system to actually work again :)
I won't bore you with the details, but NARP's membership data has been messed up in a major way, thanks to two past botched data conversions. NARP decided, and rightly so IMHO, to do it right this time. They have spent several months evaluating and selecting a vendor, and that vendor has been in the process of cleaning up the data. Which I can tell you, having seen some of it, is a Herculean task.

With any luck, the new database will go live next week. At that point, NARP members will be able to log in to the system, check the data in the system (addresses, emails, etc.) and make corrections. I'm sure that there will be issues at first, but I'm hopeful that we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel -- and it shouldn't be an oncoming train!

Back