Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, Fort Worth, the highway viaduct in the background gives it away. and the track that actually crosses the middle platform
If you look carefully at the tower with the satellite antennas, you'll recognize it in my signature picture.
A bit off topic perhaps, but that photo you refer to shows what I believe are not 'satellite antennas', but rather microwave antennas.....

No, not Winona, and not Red Wing. While my initial hint, that the Empire Builder no longer stops at this depot, leaves open the posibility that it now stops at a different depot in the same city, in this case it no longer serves this town.

LWB

Jay Pea is correct. It is a very late Empire Builder westbound at Ellensburg. Incidentally hwy 26 that day was a couple of ruts in the drifting snow.

Your Turn to post a photo.

LWB

The amount of snow at Ellensburg threw me off for a second; Ellensburg is practically a desert and usually doesn't get that much snow at one time! :lol:

Here's my entry:

7-18-12006.jpg

Jay Pea is correct. It is a very late Empire Builder westbound at Ellensburg. Incidentally hwy 26 that day was a couple of ruts in the drifting snow.Your Turn to post a photo.

LWB
Highway 26? ellensburg did used to have US Route 10, but what are you talking about?

Highway 26 runs from my hometown of Colfax to Vantage, on I-90, which is about 25 miles from Ellensburg. No doubt that's the reason for the reference to Highway 26. Incidentally, portions of US 10 still exist; just west of Ellensburg there is a highway designated WA Highway 10 that was part of old US 10. WA 10 closely follows the BNSF route over Stampede Pass and there was (don't know if it still is there) one of the few remaining semaphores along the BNSF route in this area. Also, the whole 25 miles of old US 10, now known as Huntzinger Road, from Vantage to Ellensburg are still in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay Pea is correct. It is a very late Empire Builder westbound at Ellensburg. Incidentally hwy 26 that day was a couple of ruts in the drifting snow.Your Turn to post a photo.

LWB
Highway 26? ellensburg did used to have US Route 10, but what are you talking about?

Highway 26 runs from my hometown of Colfax to Vantage, on I-90, which is about 25 miles from Ellensburg. No doubt that's the reason for the reference to Highway 26.
I'll go look for it.

I'm FROM the Midwest (hence my handle), in the mid-Atlantic (it does count as the Northeast, I suppose, I'm along the corridor), and soon moving to the Southeast....

Back