Mystic on Metro North/Shore Line East

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on a couple of days away from New York on our forthcoming trip and thinking of visiting Mystic and the Seaport museum there. I started off looking at traveling on Amtrak but have come across an offer on the MTA website - $53 for a return from Grand Central to New Haven including entry to the museum. The Newhaven- New London ticket plus taxi onto Mystic would be extra. More changes of train, but cheaper and seems much more frequent trains than Amtrak. Had anyone any experience of this, or recommendations? Thanks.

I took a taxi from New London to Mystic a few years ago, and the fare was $24 in non-rush hour traffic, so it could be even more if the meter is running during any traffic backups. So factor that into the cheaper train fare when planning.

Another option is to take Southeast Area Transit District bus route 108 from New London Union Station to Mystic Village, where you can transfer to Route 10 to take to Mystic Seaport.

Thanks for the replies. It's not just about cost, but also inconvenient and infrequent train timings. All part of the US adventure though! Bus information very helpful.

Latest posts

Back