My Trip's Coming Up! (side note - I missed California Zephyr)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersummer

Service Attendant
Hello there everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, and I see lots of new posts from people who are taking first train trips. I also see that you all are helping them out with all their questions. This has been a great group to help me prepare. My trip on Empire Builder is week after next and I continue to be excited. I'm sure I'll be posting some last-last minute questions. But, for the most part, I think you all have gotten me very well prepared for the trip. I'm ready!

On another note, we spent several weeks in Colorado and one day just happened to be in Glenwood Springs. I arranged our trip so we could be there to see the California Zephyr (and maybe one of you!). I was so disappointed that it wasn't running that day (Sun, July 15). We showed up at the station and were told that tracks were being repaired and a bus was running. There's good news in everything - the station agent gave us a great tour of the entire station, we got lots of good photos, and just had a great time!

Hello there everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, and I see lots of new posts from people who are taking first train trips. I also see that you all are helping them out with all their questions. This has been a great group to help me prepare. My trip on Empire Builder is week after next and I continue to be excited. I'm sure I'll be posting some last-last minute questions. But, for the most part, I think you all have gotten me very well prepared for the trip. I'm ready!
On another note, we spent several weeks in Colorado and one day just happened to be in Glenwood Springs. I arranged our trip so we could be there to see the California Zephyr (and maybe one of you!). I was so disappointed that it wasn't running that day (Sun, July 15). We showed up at the station and were told that tracks were being repaired and a bus was running. There's good news in everything - the station agent gave us a great tour of the entire station, we got lots of good photos, and just had a great time!
There was a group of us from OTOL on the westbound Zephyr on Sunday, July 15. We would have waved to you, but we were just a bit north in Wyoming on the detour route.

Enjoy your trip. Hope the Builder treats you well.

I was at the GSC train station on July 15th, I was "musing" through there small but really neat railroad musuem. I was there in the afternoon, I would have died if I had by chance met you that day. Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back