My Guest Reward Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point balance is 4,896 & my rail points is 4,146. What's the difference? :unsure:
Your "Point Balance" is the number of points you have to cash in for free travel. It is all the points you have earned, both by traveling on Amtrak and any bonus points from other things. Your "Rail Points" are only the points you got for actually traveling on Amtrak. The "Rail Points" are what is considered to determine if you get Select or Select Plus membership.

Your "Point Balance" is the number of points you have to cash in for free travel. It is all the points you have earned, both by traveling on Amtrak and any bonus points from other things. Your "Rail Points" are only the points you got for actually traveling on Amtrak. The "Rail Points" are what is considered to determine if you get Select or Select Plus membership.
Excluding tonight's upcoming trip, I've paid for 2 Amtrak tickets; the rest were from AGR points (netting 1002 points). I've had a Point Balance of 40,000 or so with 252 Rail Points.

Back