My first train trip ... this Friday!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steveindixon

Train Attendant
I went yesterday and picked up my tickets for my trip from Davis, CA to Boston and back. This is my first train trip EVER! I leave this Friday morning at 9:31 a.m. I'm a little nervous and a lot of excitment. So, this should be interesting. I found this site after purchasing my tickets. I'm going coach the entire way. After reading here I know I should have gotten a room. Oh well, live and learn. So, after this weekend I will be a virgin train traveler no more! Wish me luck! Steve

I went yesterday and picked up my tickets for my trip from Davis, CA to Boston and back. This is my first train trip EVER! I leave this Friday morning at 9:31 a.m. I'm a little nervous and a lot of excitment. So, this should be interesting. I found this site after purchasing my tickets. I'm going coach the entire way. After reading here I know I should have gotten a room. Oh well, live and learn. So, after this weekend I will be a virgin train traveler no more! Wish me luck! Steve
Steve, have you read through some of the threads on this board about how you can try to upgrade from coach to sleeper on-board the train? There's never a guarantee that you can do it, but you can always ask the conductor and he'll tell you if it's possible and what it would cost. Something to try :) Have a great trip!

Steve, have you read through some of the threads on this board about how you can try to upgrade from coach to sleeper on-board the train? There's never a guarantee that you can do it, but you can always ask the conductor and he'll tell you if it's possible and what it would cost. Something to try :) Have a great trip!
Steve,

I hope you have a great experience! The first train trip is something you'll remember your whole life and hopefully the beginning of many.

Do consider what Wayman said if you decided you'd like a horizontal sleep! If you're young and fit you probably will enjoy coach all the way, but you might just like to stretch out a bit - young and fit or not!

Enjoy your trip!

Steve

Do let us know how it goes. I'm doing almost the same run in Oct, from Martinez to New Haven and back. Except we're travelin in style with a roomette!

Dennis

And if you do secure an on-board upgrade, you can have peace of mind that you paid the lowest possible rate for the room, since on-board upgrades are always sold at the lowest fare bucket. Just make sure to seek out the conductor or assistant conductor at a time when they're not too busy (but before too long, so no one else gets the last one ahead of you!) and let them know you'd like to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back