My ABQ~SAN roundtrip in May '15

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses, help, suggestions, etc to all my questions prior to my ABQ~SAN trip last month.

There were glitches along the way, such as a late departure from ABQ causing me to miss my connection in CA

but I just relaxed and went with the "flow".

It was a great train ride which I enjoyed very much and which I look forward to doing again in 2016.

The train staff, redcaps, LAX Metropolitan employees could not have been nicer. Sorry I didn't write down the names.

One thing I'll mention here, and I may add more later or in response to questions:

My 6'2" tall body fit quite nicely on the roomette bed and I slept very well.

Again, thanks to all.

smileys_thanks_771216.gif

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed your trip and that you were prepared for the eventuality of missing your connection. Were you not able to get off at Fullerton to perhaps catch the SB PacSurf?

I ran that route twice back 8 years ago. I booked coach, but they called me and offered a sleeper for $100! They don't do THAT any more!

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed your trip and that you were prepared for the eventuality of missing your connection. Were you not able to get off at Fullerton to perhaps catch the SB PacSurf?
They offered us that option but they said the checked luggage would not arrive until the following train as it had to transfer in L.A. I decided I'd rather wait in the LAX lounge for the following train to San Diego rather than wait in San Diego for my luggage.

As it was, it being my first time in roomette, etc it gave me an opportunity to scope out the lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had a good trip and made lemonade out of the lemons Amtrak gave you! Beautiful Union Station has comes long way and much more to come!

Southern Cali, paradise for the multitudes! I'd live there if I could afford it!!

Back