More riders on board

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouielady

Lead Service Attendant
I read this article on my train trip this morning. The two conductors on board today were the same two from the article. To read, go here: St Louis Post Dispatch. Sounds like they're trying to find a solution to the (un)ending lateness on that route. However, I was 15 minutes early today! They even apologized (jokingly) about an early arrival....

I read this article on my train trip this morning. The two conductors on board today were the same two from the article. To read, go here: St Louis Post Dispatch. Sounds like they're trying to find a solution to the (un)ending lateness on that route. However, I was 15 minutes early today! They even apologized (jokingly) about an early arrival....
It is a nice article. Maybe things in our state are turning around. MODOT has put up signs advertising AMTRAK all along I 70. Last month the train between Jeff City and St. Louis was 80% full on a Thursday night. Lots of people who had been to Lake of the Ozarks, Hermann, and not just Kansas City. Is the new station open in St. Louis?

I don't think the new station is open yet. I was goofing around downtown the other weekend, and, well, the station looks completed, but certainly doesn't look very open. And the parking lot at the station is a MESS (not that it was great already). I actually left from the Kirkwood station, so, I can't comment much more about the St Louis station. Perhaps another trip downtown is in order..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back