Mobility Impaired Psgr Notice on Wrong Ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb

Train Attendant
Picked up all our tickets for our 9/14 trip this past Friday at a staffed station so i could make sure everythng was OK and have any corrections made right there if needed. When I checked the tickets for all the trip segmensts I found that on the westbound segments for the CL and and SWC I am identified as the Mobility Impaired Psgr and my disabled son is identified as the adult companion of a Mobility Impaired Psgr. I questioned the ticket agent but she said it made no difference. BTW, these are AGR tickets so it doesn't affect the price. Our eastbound points-earning return tickets are labeled correctly. I am correctly listed as the primary pax for the roomette in both directions. Do I have anything to worry about re the mislabled tix?

I personally would say no, nothing to worry about. As long as one person in the room or seat is notated as Mobility Impaired, they know they should provide extra service to that group. It might present a problem if say your ticket is for a child's fare and (nothing personal) you are 55 years old. But if one ticket is a child's ticket and one is an adult's ticket, I would think a quick explanation that the names were printed on the wrong tickets would suffice!

I personally would say no, nothing to worry about. As long as one person in the room or seat is notated as Mobility Impaired, they know they should provide extra service to that group. It might present a problem if say your ticket is for a child's fare and (nothing personal) you are 55 years old. But if one ticket is a child's ticket and one is an adult's ticket, I would think a quick explanation that the names were printed on the wrong tickets would suffice!
I tend to agree, but if she wants to be 100% certain she can have a ticket agent run corrected tickets at the initial departure train station day of travel.

I don't think it really matters too much once you get onboard. The conductor never checks to make sure I am a AAA member, its a job for the ticket agents. The same is probably true for the H-bedroom. The H-bedroom can be sold last minute as a regular bedroom so non-disabled passengers can occupy that room as well. The conductor just wants to make sure you have a valid ticket for that train on that day and if they actually check, the name matches the ID.

I wouldn't worry for a minute. It should be obvious who is mobility impaired and who is the companion. Just for your own well being, and peace of mind, be sure and bring proof that you are disabled just in case. If I remember correctly the ticket should say, "Mobility Impaired; Self-ID on train" which means you need to prove your disabled status and who you are.

I wouldn't worry for a minute. It should be obvious who is mobility impaired and who is the companion. Just for your own well being, and peace of mind, be sure and bring proof that you are disabled just in case. If I remember correctly the ticket should say, "Mobility Impaired; Self-ID on train" which means you need to prove your disabled status and who you are.
Question: Could the error on the tickets have a negative effect on AGR points being properly posted to Sue's AGR account?

Question: Could the error on the tickets have a negative effect on AGR points being properly posted to Sue's AGR account?
In re-reading her post #1 she states that they are AGR tickets already so there is no travel point credit value.

As had8ley said, since they are AGR tickets there is no effect.

But, if these were regular tickets then yes. Whoever has the accom charge on their stub gets the points. I forget whether or not there was any rule as to whether H-room accom charges must go on the mobility impaired stub or not... IIRC it may go on either occupant.

Thanks to both of you for the answer to my question. I knew that there are no points if you made your reservation through AGR points, but that fact did a good job in parting my hair in the middle as it flew over my head. Now I'll have to get out the jumper cables and jump start my brain!
s0445.gif

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement. We have been planning this trip since Feb so by now I am a little "wound up" as we count down the last days. We'll be gone 2 weeks, all on trains or other public transportation, except for 1 day in Santa Fe when I'm renting a car. If this works out well, I still have over 15000 AGR points for next year's vacation, plus the ones I earn every non-vacation week commuting on the Keystone.

As had8ley said, since they are AGR tickets there is no effect.

But, if these were regular tickets then yes. Whoever has the accom charge on their stub gets the points. I forget whether or not there was any rule as to whether H-room accom charges must go on the mobility impaired stub or not... IIRC it may go on either occupant.
I think the accommodation fare plus the rail fare goes on the mobility impaired pax AGR and the companion rail fare goes on their respective AGR.

Thanks to both of you for the answer to my question. I knew that there are no points if you made your reservation through AGR points, but that fact did a good job in parting my hair in the middle as it flew over my head. Now I'll have to get out the jumper cables and jump start my brain!
s0445.gif
Just to help you jump start your brain :D , here's an example direct from the_traveler's own files!

I am not disabled, but my sister is. We took a trip to ATL a few years ago. Because I love AGR points :p and my sister really doesn't care :eek: , I was listed first. I earned whatever it was (like 1,500 points) and she earned something like 300 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back