MO River Runner KC-St Louis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mucomix

Service Attendant
Last Monday 6/29 the wife and I took the MO River runner from KC to St Louis and returned on 7/1. We had business class seating. There are only 14–15 business class seats on the train. There were more people on the train than I thought there would be. I could not believe it that the Boy Scouts tried to make the connection with the SWC and the MO River Runner coming back from Phillmont. They made on this day. I don’t have enough guts to try the SWC connection from Lawrence KS to KC for the MORR. Let alone with a bunch of boy scouts to keep track of all the way from New Mexico. By schedule there is less than a 5 min window between the two trains.

We stayed at the Duruy Inn at Union Station a nice walk from AMTRAK or I’m told less than $10 by cab. A very nice place to stay. We enjoyed looking around the St Louis Union station the lobby had a lot of detail work. We did the court house and the arch both in day light and at night. The next time we are in town we can bypass the arch we have done that in spades. We bought a day transit pass for $7.50 apiece I thought it was a deal. One of the high lights of the trip was taking a meal at Lombardo’s a nice Italian place under the Drury Inn. Flash fried spinach I had never heard of that before it is very good. I’m going to have to try it here at home. All told we had a good time in St Louis and will go back.

Last Monday 6/29 the wife and I took the MO River runner from KC to St Louis and returned on 7/1. We had business class seating. There are only 14–15 business class seats on the train. There were more people on the train than I thought there would be. I could not believe it that the Boy Scouts tried to make the connection with the SWC and the MO River Runner coming back from Phillmont. They made on this day. I don’t have enough guts to try the SWC connection from Lawrence KS to KC for the MORR. Let alone with a bunch of boy scouts to keep track of all the way from New Mexico. By schedule there is less than a 5 min window between the two trains. We stayed at the Duruy Inn at Union Station a nice walk from AMTRAK or I’m told less than $10 by cab. A very nice place to stay. We enjoyed looking around the St Louis Union station the lobby had a lot of detail work. We did the court house and the arch both in day light and at night. The next time we are in town we can bypass the arch we have done that in spades. We bought a day transit pass for $7.50 apiece I thought it was a deal. One of the high lights of the trip was taking a meal at Lombardo’s a nice Italian place under the Drury Inn. Flash fried spinach I had never heard of that before it is very good. I’m going to have to try it here at home. All told we had a good time in St Louis and will go back.
:cool: Thanks for the report!Glad yall enjoyed the trip, thats what this is all about!Hope yall will get

more trains up your way but youll have to get in line with most of us who want/need more and better

service(except the NEC who gets all the good stuff!!!)Connectiona are sometimes iffy

but being on a train or a station beats Any airport or bus station anytime!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report. I did the Arch, but never again. Those tram cars are very small and I'm somewhat cloustraphobic!!

Thanks for the report. I did the Arch, but never again. Those tram cars are very small and I'm somewhat claustrophobic!!
They have made them speedier. They know go almost twice as fast as they did when the Arch first opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back