Missing points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen this one before. I went to KC for Thanksgiving with my dad. We were booked in a sleeper for the return (coach was sold out). I got the 100 points for the coach fare KC to chicago, but no points for the sleeper. I guess I have to request the missing points. This is kind of sillythough.

I will look when I get home. I booked the reservation by phone, giving the agent my agr#. So I don't know why they would do something so stupid. If it is in my dad's name, im out of luck right?

I will look when I get home. I booked the reservation by phone, giving the agent my agr#. So I don't know why they would do something so stupid. If it is in my dad's name, im out of luck right?
Yup, if the agent on the phone listed your dad's name first on the reservation, then the room went on his ticket and you'd be out of luck most likely.

And sadly I suspect that's what has happened here. I've never heard of AGR only picking up the railfare on a ticket and not the accomodation. They either miss the entire thing or they get everything. The only time you would have an issue with accomodation charges not earning points is with an onboard upgrade.

I have not received at points from my monthly tickets since september. Normal tickets are working fine though.

September was around the time they switched companies, so that might explain the delay. I have plenty of patience, though I now wonder if I'll ever get points for September since it will soon be out of the 90-day window. And, for months Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec. If I dont get the points until Jan, or later, will the points still be doubled?

Hard to say.

Back