Missed Connections Options?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail Freak

Engineer
Let's say, I miss my connection in chicago. I'm in a sleeper & there is no sleeper available on the next days train. If I were willing to pay for another night's hotel stay, would Amtrak allow me to do that for the following days train, if sleepers are available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak will probably put you in coach the next day, if available . Then politely ask if sleepers are available the day after. If you receive a positive response from the agent then make your offer to pay for your hotel. You might lose the first free night, also. It depends on the agent. Your best chance is if you have a paid reservation , not an AGR points reservation.

Amtrak will probably put you in coach the next day, if available . Then politely ask if sleepers are available the day after. If you receive a positive response from the agent then make your offer to pay for your hotel. You might lose the first free night, also. It depends on the agent. Your best chance is if you have a paid reservation , not an AGR points reservation.
Why the difference, it will be an AGR res.?

Do the agents (both at station and phone) treat paid and AGR reservation differently? I mean do paid reservation get priority over AGR reservation if the next days train has limited sleepers/seats.

Do the agents (both at station and phone) treat paid and AGR reservation differently? I mean do paid reservation get priority over AGR reservation if the next days train has limited sleepers/seats.
Nope. :)

I think that is an excellent question for AGR Insider. There are many times I would stay overnight if I missed a connection not only to nab a sleeper but to get an unexpected stop in another city.

Why don't you ask Anthony and let us know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back