Mineta's Mobile Remarks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midland Valley

Lead Service Attendant
I just read the most recent Amtrak Bashing from Bush's hatchet man Mineta. He seems to be stuck on the same old notion that the way to reform is to bash, belittle, and B.S. intercity rail and especially the long distance trains that he says, squanders tax payers money. He does'nt want long distance trains but told the folks at Mobile there should be a number of trains for Mardi Gras between Mobile and NO if there were private entities operating. Like CSX is going to embrace that one.

I want to %^$^&* Mineta. I hate liers! Especially in positions of power~

Well, there was pressure on Bush to appoint a Democrat, so he decided on Minetta.

Please let's not get into direct personal attacks on the boards. I for one find myself confused as to why Mr. Mineta has stayed and not resigned over some of the White House policies, but I have to believe that he has his reasons.

However the man is a veteran, he served in Congress for many years, and he and his family suffered the indignity of living in an internment camp in this country during WWII. He’s paid his dues for our country and I think that earns him at least a little bit of respect. At least enough to attack his policies and his statements, but not his intelligence.

Granted that he may have paid his dues and earned well-deserved respect for his past deeds, and God bless him for those past deeds, if he is lying for this administration, he's currently a liar and deserves neither admiration nor respect for that, whether he's doing it "under orders from above" or not. If the lies are issuing forth from HIS mouth, as a person in a position of public trust, he's got to take the heat for that. And I don't know that the attacks really are about intelligence, but more along the lines of extremely poor judgment. Put another way, if the Pope retired and went into a career as a hit man, he would no longer deserve reverence or admiration, regardless of how noble his past deeds and behavior.

First the pope becoming a hit man is a lot more extreme than a politician that lies. We didn't impeach Nixon for murder, we impeached him for lying.

Be that as it may, I was simply trying to be polite with my remarks above. But again one of the basic rules of this board, is that there will be no personal attacks on anyone. And a statement like this, "Theres nothing intelligent about Mineta! ", is IMHO a personal attack on the man.

Yes, attack any lies he might state, attack any half-truths he utters, but please refrain from direct personal attacks.

Back