Milwaukee to Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfmom

Train Attendant
I am taking my 15 year old neice on her first train trip for a day of shopping tomorrow, she is so excited!!

That should be a fun trip. I've ridden it round trip twice, both part of a longer trip. While it's not the most senic journey there are interesting things to see. The Sturtevanat station is unusual. Watch for Granpa's Place (no relation) just south of the Glenview station on the east side. And the forest preserves on the Chicago northside are beautiful.

I used to make the Milwaukee-Chicago run many times in the past on the old North Shore interurban. Their big selling point was "downtown to downtown in less that 2 hours". Now the Hiawatha makes it in less that an hour and thirty minutes. Granted, the fewer stops make the difference.

That should be a fun trip. I've ridden it round trip twice, both part of a longer trip. While it's not the most senic journey there are interesting things to see. The Sturtevanat station is unusual. Watch for Granpa's Place (no relation) just south of the Glenview station on the east side. And the forest preserves on the Chicago northside are beautiful.

I used to make the Milwaukee-Chicago run many times in the past on the old North Shore interurban. Their big selling point was "downtown to downtown in less that 2 hours". Now the Hiawatha makes it in less that an hour and thirty minutes. Granted, the fewer stops make the difference.
Well, try the Milwaukee Road Hiawatha. Nonstop CHI-MKE, 1:15! 68mph average in this segment! http://www.streamlinerschedules.com/concourse/track5/hiawatha193809.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back