Mica on Cspan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtrak_flyer

Train Attendant
Did anyone see the call in show last week? Obviously Mica is Anti-Amtrak, but what did the callers say and how did he respond? Thanks

Thanks to NARP for the links....

Download Link for Real Player:

<http://www.real.com>, Click on "Free Download" at the right.

November 15 Amtrak Hearing:

<rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e111505_amtrak.rm>

Rep. LaTourette on Washington Journal, November 15:

<rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/wj111505_amtrak.rm>

Rep. Mica on Washington Journal, November 16:

<rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/wj111605_mica.rm>

If you are having trouble with the videos:

<http://www.c-span.org/about/contact.asp?code=About>

I don't know what to tell you. Rep Mica, as boring as he sounds, is a very confusing person. He's the sole person to thank for Commuter rail finally coming to Orlando, and blocking the tolling of the last free commuterstate in the city. He's very pro-rail and transporation locally including every light-rail attempt. I think he may have secured the funding for the Florida High Speed Rail commision but I'll have to check on that.

Maybe it's some Florida thing where folks can push for local rail systems and hate anything intercity or national. I don't really get it. But he's like most politicans in this state, he's just doing whatever lobby paid him the most on that day. Voters don't count here.

guest_jeffw said:
I don't know what to tell you.  Rep Mica, as boring as he sounds, is a very confusing person.  He's the sole person to thank for Commuter rail finally coming to Orlando, and blocking the tolling of the last free commuterstate in the city.  He's very pro-rail and transporation locally including every light-rail attempt.  I think he may have secured the funding for the Florida High Speed Rail commision but I'll have to check on that.
Maybe it's some Florida thing where folks can push for local rail systems and hate anything intercity or national.  I don't really get it.  But he's like most politicans in this state, he's just doing whatever lobby paid him the most on that day. Voters don't count here.
Well i wouldn't say he is Pro Rail when he says i wouldn't give Amtrak $15 billion and here are some signatures that i have gathered from people in congress that say the same thing.

Back