Miami to New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will most likely get to to change to a train to NOL at ORL in the next few years. If you want to wait specifically for SL you’ll be waiting a very long time, maybe forever. [emoji57]
You talking about a CONO extension or some possible non-Amtrak train or what?
All possibilities that are being worked on currently can be found in here:
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5302778ee4b07a6f640874ef/t/5670735bd8af10d0d84e4965/1450210139160/Gulf+Coast+Initiative+Report+2015.pdf

Extension of CONO is just one possibility.

Anyway this subthread is out of scope for this thread.

Thank you everyone.
You're welcome.
default_smile.png
Which combo do you think you'll go with?
I have not decided yet. I have some flexibility in my time but not enough to use the multi pass. And either way the cost is quite a lot higher than I anticipated. Round trip direct flight on my preferred travel dates is only $121 and one way is only $51.

I may go one way by air and come back by train and if so I will go with the Nola to Washington to Miami route.

Next time when I have more time and no need to go anywhere in particular I may get an 8-segment multi pass and make a two week train trip.

You will most likely get to change to a train to NOL at ORL in the next few years. If you want to wait specifically for SL you’ll be waiting a very long time, maybe forever. [emoji57]
Are you saying there might be a train between New Orleans and Orlando in the next few years? That will be the day.

I would also like to be able to take a train to Atlanta.

You will most likely get to change to a train to NOL at ORL in the next few years. If you want to wait specifically for SL you’ll be waiting a very long time, maybe forever. [emoji57]
Are you saying there might be a train between New Orleans and Orlando in the next few years? That will be the day.

I would also like to be able to take a train to Atlanta.
I totally agree with being able to take a train to Atlanta. Recognize that a train from south Florida to New Orleans to or Atlanta would undoubtedly require multiple trains but wouldn’t it be nice to have that option!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back