Metrolink 2 for 1 Deal on MLK Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokker

Lead Service Attendant
Metrolink is running another promotion and it's actually one of the best things they've ever done. On Monday January 17th Metrolink is basically offering a 2 for 1 deal on fares, and you don't have to jump through hoops to take advantage of it.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/news/?id=5943

Just buy your ticket and a friend gets to follow along for free. Of course, they don't get to transfer free to connecting services, so you'll have to shell out $5 for a Metro day pass, for example.

I hope the fare checkers are fully aware of the promotion. I can see there being some confusion if fare checkers are not properly informed.

you'll have to shell out $5 for a Metro day pass, for example.
Nice twofer, and I might well go riding, but Metro day passes are now $6. Also, though the electronic signs say that seniors and disabled must now use TAP cards, single paper tickets for them were still being issued by machines as of 1-14-11.

A webpage printout might be a good hedge against fare-checker ignorance; I usually carry one about the free transfers.

Back