Metro North

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VentureForth

Engineer
I'm sure this is a no brainer, but if they were used all the way up until the 90s, are there any F units still ghosting the rails of Metro North on the Hudson Line?

I'm sure this is a no brainer, but if they were used all the way up until the 90s, are there any F units still ghosting the rails of Metro North on the Hudson Line?
On Active roster are still following units, F10's 410 - 411 - 413 FL-9m's (CDOT) 2011 - 2014 - 2016 - 2024 - 2026 - 2027

Currently 2011 and 2027 are spare in Brewster, believe 2016 is running on Wassaic Shuttle

two MNCR units 2008 and NYC painted 2012 are up for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
How active are they? I've been looking for them and haven't seen them. The only one I saw was sitting in Adirondack Scenics yard in Utica.

I saw 2 Metro-North painted P40s and an Amtrak painted P40 working the Wassaic shuttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
How active are they? I've been looking for them and haven't seen them. The only one I saw was sitting in Adirondack Scenics yard in Utica.
You'd probably have better luck seeing them on the Danbury and Waterbury branches.

I saw 2 Metro-North painted P40s and an Amtrak painted P40 working the Wassaic shuttle.
Metro North doesn't own any P40's, those engines in MN livery would be P32-ACDM's. The Amtrak P40's are being leased by the State of CT for MN use.

Back