Market research call

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ralfp

Service Attendant
I just got a call from a guy at "Smith Research" asking if I was interested in taking part in a focus group in Chicago regarding Amtrak ($85 for two hours). I guess this was in response to my answering the survey about my LSL trip in late Sept. The guy knew about two of my trips (LSL & Hiawatha), but not my two paid NEC trips, or my 10-20 AGR NEC trips (in the past calendar year).

I was willing to partake, so he asked a lot of questions. The two that I felt a bit iffy about answering were my b-day and household income. The latter will change dramatically in the next month, so answering revealed nothing important.

I just got a call from a guy at "Smith Research" asking if I was interested in taking part in a focus group in Chicago regarding Amtrak ($85 for two hours). I guess this was in response to my answering the survey about my LSL trip in late Sept. The guy knew about two of my trips (LSL & Hiawatha), but not my two paid NEC trips, or my 10-20 AGR NEC trips (in the past calendar year).
I was willing to partake, so he asked a lot of questions. The two that I felt a bit iffy about answering were my b-day and household income. The latter will change dramatically in the next month, so answering revealed nothing important.
It never hurts to listen and respond to the customer. The more feedbackthat can be given the better!

If you are chosen, there is one piece of advise I can give you...........don't identify yourself as a rail fan, since that generally is seen as too narrow a focus. Most focus group research companies are looking for a more generalist viewpoint from someone who uses the product - or might use the product - not someone who is obsessed with the product.

"Smith"

That is totally non-conspicuous.

Still

Managed

In

The

House of representatives

AKA- Amtrak. There ya go lol.

If you are chosen, there is one piece of advise I can give you...........don't identify yourself as a rail fan, since that generally is seen as too narrow a focus. Most focus group research companies are looking for a more generalist viewpoint from someone who uses the product - or might use the product - not someone who is obsessed with the product.
The question was asked: something about whether I consider trains a hobby. I said no. I did answer yes to the question about whether I participate in forums about train and airplane travel.

"Smith"
It's actually real, or at least has a generic web site.

The question was asked: something about whether I consider trains a hobby. I said no. I did answer yes to the question about whether I participate in forums about train and airplane travel.

"Smith"
It's actually real, or at least has a generic web site.
Haha- that is quite Smith-ly.

I have done at least a dozen (probably more) research things with Smith in the last 10 years (most of them more than 4 years ago, when I still lived in the city). Some where "policy" type things like Health Care and political type stuff - most were consumer type - I remember soap, automobile ads, wine, child safety devices (like to lock cabinets), and cosmetics. They're legit. And the extra cash is always nice . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back