MARC (Maryland Area Regional Commuter) Equipment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, the standees can stand around their bikes. This may be the reason MARC isn't lending out as much equipment. Oh well...as long as Ryan is happy.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-marc-bikes-20190219-story.html#

The Maryland Transit Administration announced Tuesday that it had completed the installation of new bike racks on 35 MARC Train rail cars. The move will allow train riders to bring full-size bicycles on most weekday rush hour Penn Line trains.
The new bike racks are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Train riders should look for a bicycle symbol on the MARC schedule to see which trains have bike racks installed. A green light on the outside of the car indicates that it has a bike rack. Passengers who can’t find an available bike rack will need to wait for the next train with bike racks.

This may actually be enough to encourage me to return to commuting by train.  The most annoying part of my commute is the 30 minute voyage over Capitol Hill, and being able to have a bike with me and ride directly to the Navy Yard shaves a good bit off of that time.

Back