Map of LAX Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lteak

Train Attendant
I'm arriving in Union Station this week and will need to find the Metro Rail Red Line stop at the terminal vicinity. Unless I've just missed it, I don't find a map that shows where that is. I don't have a problem with just asking for directions when I get there but you'd think that information would be on line. It would be nice to know ahead of time. Any thoughts or helpful information? I'm taking a trip that involves a 230 mi truck trip, shuttle to bus stop, bus to Amtrak, Amtrak to bus with two changes and car to destination!!! I'd like as much information as possible. Are there clear signs that direct the way?
unsure.gif

There's an entrance at either end of the main tunnel that runs under the tracks.

I'm arriving in Union Station this week and will need to find the Metro Rail Red Line stop at the terminal vicinity. Unless I've just missed it, I don't find a map that shows where that is. I don't have a problem with just asking for directions when I get there but you'd think that information would be on line. It would be nice to know ahead of time. Any thoughts or helpful information? I'm taking a trip that involves a 230 mi truck trip, shuttle to bus stop, bus to Amtrak, Amtrak to bus with two changes and car to destination!!! I'd like as much information as possible. Are there clear signs that direct the way?
unsure.gif
It is really easy to find and reasonably well signed. If you arriving by rail, when you down to the tunnel, follow the Union Station signs, not the Pastoras (sp?) Plaza signs. When you reach the end of the tunnel turn hard right and the Red/Purple line Metro line station is ahead of you. If you are arriving by Thruway bus, those stop in the parking area outside the North Patio by the baggage room. Follow the signs into the station, and the Red Line station will be to your left.

You can actually go either way in the tunnel, there's entrances on both sides.

Remember to stop by one of the Fare Machines to pay your fare ($1.50 base fare) or pick up a TAP Card Day Pass ($6)as you must pay before your board your train. The Fare Machines are just before you get down to train level and look like big vending machines.

Thanks you, thank you! That's one less thing for me to wonder about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back