Major ticketing problems for Amtrak customers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Conductor
Amtrak is experiencing a systemwide problem with their ticketing system, causing long lines at some stations.

The problem reportedly cropped up sometime before 6 a.m. this morning, and is taking several hours to fix.

Eyewitness News has learned customers are unable to print tickets from Quik-Trak machines, forcing them to get tickets at ticket windows.

That is leading to lines for customers waiting to get onto trains.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...article-7082718

Very interesting- this also happened last Tuesday (10/30/09), but was confined to BWI. MARC passengers were encouraged to purchase their tickets for cash from the conductors, so that the ticket office people could concentrate on Amtrak passengers.

Agent were unable to process tickets at all too. If you had a scan page, you were told to board with it and print tickets at destination. Any new tickets were hand written as C bucket fares, at least on NEC. It was up by 9:30 AM.

Agent were unable to process tickets at all too. If you had a scan page, you were told to board with it and print tickets at destination. Any new tickets were hand written as C bucket fares, at least on NEC. It was up by 9:30 AM.
This scenario happened to me this morning on train 171 from BOS to WAS. My scan page was presented to the conductor. I asked for a paper receipt but one was not provided. With this in mind, I question if there will be automatic posting of AGR points to my account for this travel. Any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back