Luggage Storage - Chicago Metropolitan Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'll be taking the City of New Orleans into Chicago Union Station next week and will then be waiting to board the #5 California Zephyr later in the afternoon. If the CONL arrives ontime my plan is to run to Shake Shack to pick up lunch while in town. I'd like to know if you can still store your luggage in the Metropolitan Lounge. I read a topic from many years ago where this was the case. We will have a roomette on the CZ.

Thanks,

Brian

As a sleeper passenger on the CZ, for sure you can leave your luggage in the Metro 1stclass lounge and take whatever hours you have in Chi-town for whatever you want.

There's many threads here on "food near station Chicago"

No worries, just be back at the lounge in time for priority early boarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
The easy way is to just check your luggage at NOL and pick it up at the arriving CZ station but first check if they offer luggage service. We have often used the luggage room in the Chicago Metropolitan lounge but only for carry on stuff.

Dlgrua's suggestion caused me to go look up the checked baggage situation on the CZ. There are 19 stations on the route the do not offer checked baggage, and 14 that do. Obviously, if the OP is going to a larger city on the route, he is in luck. Smaller stations: you're on your own, just like all those stations on the NEC east of New York.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to tip the baggage attendant. Depending on the layover you can consider taking the bus to the Navy Pier which is fun.

Dave

If you have a several hour layover there is also a water ferry to the Navy Pier right outside Union Station Its about a 12 minute trip.

Just arrived this morning on CONO, stored my bags in Met. lounge. Leaving on SWC later today.

Have a wonderful time! I rode on the SWC a few weeks ago. It was a trip of a lifetime! I loved almost every second of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back