luggage question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh2

Service Attendant
We're traveling soon from Boston to Orlando, picking up the sleeper train in NY. We have a 50lb duffle bag that we'll have in our room from NY to FL but where do we put the bag on the first train? Would it fit in the overhead? I know there is no checked baggage on the first train.

You shouldn't have any problem with the duffle on the Regional train; the overheads are big enough to hold a foot locker. And there are luggage racks at one end of the car that can also hold it.

On the other hand, I'd be far more worried about where you're going to put that bag in your sleeper. If you're in a Bedroom, then it won't be a problem. But if you're booked into a Roomette, it could be a big problem.

Thanks for your reply.

We will be in a bedroom the rest of the way, so no problems there.

Actually there should be no problem checking your bag in Boston all the way through. The only issue is that it will not go on yout train out of Boston but instead the night train. Best if you check you bag one or two days before your trip so ot gets there when you do.

We prefer to check our bags and only carry a smaller one on the train.

Stan

Yes, if at all possible to get to South Station and check your bag the night before, it will be carried in the baggage car on train #67. (This is the only train on the NEC that has Checked Baggage -and #66 - north of NYP.) The bag will be transferred between trains for you, and will arrive on your train in ORL. The only thing is you won't have access to it until you reach ORL.

If you do this, I suggest just bringing a separate small carry on bag with a change of clothes, etc... for the overnight trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back