LOST CAMERA ON COAST STARLIGHT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot1181

Lead Service Attendant
I forgot my camera, Nov. 15, getting off in Emeryville. I can't get a response from lost and found in Los Angelas. Is there anyone travelling through or living in L.A. who would be willing to check for it in lost and found. I'm more interested in the memory cards than the camera. If anyone can help me, please leave me a message through this board. Thanks, SPOT

I wish you would have posted this a little earlier... I arrived in LA yesterday on the Starlight and am currently a block away from Union Station at the days inn. I'll be going over there in about a half hour to board train 4 Southwest Chief for Arizona. If you can e-mail me within a half hour and tell me what I can check for/do for you I would be glad to at Union Station.

If you don't get this message in time and still can't get through to Amtrak, I'll also be passing through Los Angeles-Union Station on the morning of December 1st connecting from the WB Southwest Chief to the NB Coast Starlate.

Same thing just happened to me - camera left on train after getting off from Emeryville. I'm having trouble getting ahold of Union Station on the phone. None of the numbers listed online seem to work. Can anyone here help? Thanks.

I know! Isn't it fun! I hope we find out they did, in fact, get the camera back. It would be like the USPS finally delivering a post card from mailed in 1937. You know. Like one of those TV news stories you see all the time!

Yea...now this is a thread that should be locked...

Warning!!!!!!!!

The first half of this topic is several years old!
Thanks, I almost responded saying Ill be there in 2 days. :giggle:

But I could still always check again :D asking about an 8 year old camera, they'll think I'm insane.

Yes it's an old thread but with a new guest who is trying to get his camera back which is why I posted the phone # (in case the new poster didn't bother reading the thread).

I've had little luck with getting the 800 number staff to route me to local station staff and no luck recovering anything at all through lost & found. Doesn't seem to matter if it's a book of tickets, a camera, a laptop power brick, or a cheap toy. If I don't leave with it then I simply consider it gone forever. Sometimes you get platitudes. Sometimes you get indifference. Sometimes you get vague references to presumption of fraud. But getting your stuff back? Not very likely, in my experience anyway.

I never did get the camera back. Nobody I talked to at Amtrak gave a crap. Sister-in-law had a film camera so not all photos were lost and we still had the video camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back