LOS-SAN timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny.menhennet

Conductor
I don't know how many people saw this - but a week back, SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments) released the LOSSAN joint corridor timetable, showing all CS, PS, Metrolink, and Coaster trains that run on the LOSSAN corridor. This includes Metrolink's Burbank Airport turn, the VC line, the AV line, the OC line, the 91 line, and the IEOC line, as well as the other services mentioned. I have been waiting for this for a while, and I think it is a very helpful source I now have bookmarked. Here is the link for anyone that may want to see this.

Here is the link for anyone that may want to see this.
Thanks for posting. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a slickly published version next time I'm over to the station.
I don't think there are any plans to produce a printed version. I believe it is available only on line.
Thanks for posting this Johnny. I sure hope they do print this, it is the first and only one form timetable for this whole area.

I don't know how many people saw this - but a week back, SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments) released the LOSSAN joint corridor timetable, showing all CS, PS, Metrolink, and Coaster trains that run on the LOSSAN corridor. This includes Metrolink's Burbank Airport turn, the VC line, the AV line, the OC line, the 91 line, and the IEOC line, as well as the other services mentioned. I have been waiting for this for a while, and I think it is a very helpful source I now have bookmarked. Here is the link for anyone that may want to see this.
No. The LOSSAN schedule only includes the Metrolink Orange County and Bob Hope Airport/Ventura lines. It does not include any other Metrolink line. The LOSSAN schedule is a very good comprehensive listing of all the trains on the rail route between San Diego and San Luis Obispo. But it is not comprehensive for Metrolink, as it includes only the Metrolink service that operates on parts of the Pacific Surfliner routing. (For that reason, it does include all the Coaster trains as they run solely onthe Surfliner routing.)

This is nice - particularly how they show what trains from different systems connect (such as Metrolink or Coaster or Metrolink and Amtrak). Might want to try the Metrolink-Coaster connection SAN-LAX sometime - seems like basically the West Coast version to the "Trenton Shuffle" I've heard people do to get between NYP-PHL on the cheap.

No. The LOSSAN schedule only includes the Metrolink Orange County and Bob Hope Airport/Ventura lines. It does not include any other Metrolink line. The LOSSAN schedule is a very good comprehensive listing of all the trains on the rail route between San Diego and San Luis Obispo. But it is not comprehensive for Metrolink, as it includes only the Metrolink service that operates on parts of the Pacific Surfliner routing. (For that reason, it does include all the Coaster trains as they run solely onthe Surfliner routing.)
Well that's not correct. Every route with more than 1 station on the LOSSAN corridor is on here - look at the Metrolink numbers - there are 800 numbers on the schedule that show up at Orange, which are IEOC trains. There are 200 trains shown between LAUS and Downtown Burbank. Your post in not accurate at all.

You're both right - while it does include trains from the other routes, it does only show the segments of said trains that run on the Surfliner corridor. One could do a timetable that shows all the corridors, though that would get a bit messy. Amtrak does this with some routes - it has a combined California Corridor timetable that shows all the various thruway connections/trains between San Diego and San Francisco, and they also do the same for Wolverine/Blue Water and Michigan thruway buses.

You're both right - while it does include trains from the other routes, it does only show the segments of said trains that run on the Surfliner corridor. One could do a timetable that shows all the corridors, though that would get a bit messy. Amtrak does this with some routes - it has a combined California Corridor timetable that shows all the various thruway connections/trains between San Diego and San Francisco, and they also do the same for Wolverine/Blue Water and Michigan thruway buses.
Thank you for pointing out the facts. The schedule does not permit you to figure connections between trains on the Surfliner/LOSSAN corridor--whether Coaster, Metrolink or Amtrak--and Metrolink lines running to Riverside, San Bernardino and the Antelope Valley. All of these lines have a small portion of their routing on the Surliner/LOSSAN corridor in order to reach LAUS! But the listing of their train times for the two or three stations on the corridor is useless in figuring out when and where you can reach Palmdale from San Diego, or Norco from San Clemente, or any other station not on the corridor.

And while a complete listing of ALL Metrolink trains might not require a phone-book-size document as a similar NEC corridor timetable might, it would nevertheless be a bit bulky.

They do have a Metrolink "All Lines" timetable available on their web site, but it separates trains by lines. The LOSSAN timetable is great for those people coming in from Fullerton, which has Surfliner and Metrolink service from the 91 and Orange County lines. As long as Metrolink monthly pass holders have Amtrak privileges, it works great for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back