Los Angeles Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled in Express

Lead Service Attendant
I will be flying into LAX with a planned arrival of 10PM, too late to catch any trains. The sub-$100 hotel options at the airport are not great and I would rather only do the hotel shuttle once. Does anyone have any LAUT hotel experiences?

Also the schedules are showing 796 as a connection for the southbound Starlight, if the Starlight takes a delay does 796 wait? With a 90 minute or more delay I could make that and get out of LA.

Apologies if there is a LAUT hotel thread, search failed me.

I will be flying into LAX with a planned arrival of 10PM, too late to catch any trains. The sub-$100 hotel options at the airport are not great and I would rather only do the hotel shuttle once. Does anyone have any LAUT hotel experiences?

Also the schedules are showing 796 as a connection for the southbound Starlight, if the Starlight takes a delay does 796 wait? With a 90 minute or more delay I could make that and get out of LA.

Apologies if there is a LAUT hotel thread, search failed me.
Goggle up the Metro Plaza Hotel, :wub: across the street from the front of Union Station, under $100 night, lots of us have stayed there, Phillipes is just up the street, China Town, Olivera Street in front etc. Cant help with the train question, sure one of our LA gurus can advise! :help:

Goggle up the Metro Plaza Hotel, :wub: across the street from the front of Union Station, under $100 night, lots of us have stayed there, Phillipes is just up the street, China Town, Olivera Street in front etc. Cant help with the train question, sure one of our LA gurus can advise! :help:
Thanks Jim.

I saw that as the closest hotel. Warning bells went off when I saw it on Kayak with a photo in Days Inn branding and was unable to locate it on Days' site. I assumed that it was unable to maintain the minimal Days' Inn standards.

EDIT:

found the link:

http://metroplazahoteldowntownla.com

Appears to have gone upscale of the typical Days'

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably won't be too late to catch any trains- subway and light rails. However, most of them closes after midnight.

There is a FlyAway bus that is shuttle between LAX and LAUS (LA Union Station). It's a breeze!

I've stayed at Metro Plaza during our AU Los Angeles Gathering 2008. It's a good hotel.

As for #796, I don't think it will wait for Coast Starlight, not even in close distance to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back