Looking for a railway Scanner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbytony

Train Attendant
Can someone recommend a GOOD AAR scanner that I can purchase for my upcoming trip Eastbound From LAX to Chicago on the SWC?

Not looking for something cheap but good quality.

Thank you

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
If you do get anything from Radio Shack (including the BC-95XLT - that I have also - or the PRO-64 that RRrich recommended), order it thru Points for Shopping. That are a partner with AGR and you earn 4 AGR points per $!
cool.gif

If you do get anything from Radio Shack (including the BC-95XLT - that I have also - or the PRO-64 that RRrich recommended), order it thru Points for Shopping. That are a partner with AGR and you earn 4 AGR points per $!
Or you can do what I did and pay 50% below MSRP for the previous years model. So far as I can tell Radio Shack scanners don't change much from one revision to the next. It's basically the same device with a slightly different case. So if you live in a decent sized city just call around and see which Radio Shack locations still have the previous model in stock and get it brand new for $50 instead of $100 or whatever they're charging for an identical device in a slightly different case. I'd rather save $50 cash than get 400 monkey points through AGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back