Look at High Speed Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that you in USA Transport is up the speed but your group look at a way A.T.P Sysem is call Automatic Train Protection How it work slow it down

Protection Train help dirver going a saff speed if not APT come on slow it down EG ATP at speed 90 mph if your driver go over speed say 95mph ATP

come on slow down to right speed and stop the driver going stop at red stingl ATP stop train right now.

I'd be happy to answer your question, if it were written in English.

I "THINK" what he is trying to say is use a high tech system that will automatically slow a train down to the speed restriction of the signal aspect if the engineer fails to do so. And stop a train automatically if the train runs a stop signal.

At laest that is what I think he is saying

ATS is a system that if the engineer goes over the speed limit or runs a red signal the train is placed into emergency by the computer.I don't like the things but if your doing over 90mph it is a good idea. :)

Actually ATS (or any form of Cab Signal) is required when the MSP (maximum speed permitted) is 80 MPH or higher. This is why most trains throughout the country have a MSP of 79 MPH, because that does not require cab signalling. The higher the speed the more high tech the Cab Signal system. For example most locations that run 90 MPH use ATS (often referred to as the poor man's cab signal), while the higher speed lines (like the NEC) use ACSES (Automatic Cab Signal and Speed Enforcement System). The higher the speed the more expensive and sophisticated the cab signal system.

PennsyFan said:
I'd be happy to answer your question, if it were written in English.
I bee going over USA next 10 year start work over they lest time spend in car travaling

battalion51 said:
Actually ATS (or any form of Cab Signal) is required when the MSP (maximum speed permitted) is 80 MPH or higher. This is why most trains throughout the country have a MSP of 79 MPH, because that does not require cab signalling. The higher the speed the more high tech the Cab Signal system. For example most locations that run 90 MPH use ATS (often referred to as the poor man's cab signal), while the higher speed lines (like the NEC) use ACSES (Automatic Cab Signal and Speed Enforcement System). The higher the speed the more expensive and sophisticated the cab signal system.
Thank you I help Idear for you i live in Perth Westerm Australia Have high speed train look at a way from LAX to NYP traval up 3day If have high speed train wot cost in US$ Wot speed (eg can up max of 150mph) Traval lest 2 day traval get they.

Guest_raykirk777 said:
battalion51 said:
Thank you I help Idear for you i live in Perth Westerm Australia Have high speed train look at a way from LAX to NYP traval up 3day If have high speed train wot cost in US$ Wot speed (eg can up max of 150mph) Traval lest 2 day traval get they.
I have family in Perth, and I'm confident they speak conventional English.

Raymond, we appreciate your postings, but is there a way that you might be able to proofread or edit what you type here, to make things easier for us to understand? :)

I think you are asking if there are any high-speed trains that go from LAX to NYP, and the answer is No. You would need to go from LAX to CHI, then onto NYP, or from LAX to JAX and then onto NYP, but at this time there is no direct train, and especially nothing high-speed.

I suppose if you really wanted some high-speed train in your itinerary, you could travel from LAX to CHI to WAS, and then take the Acela Express from WAS to NYP. However, that would only encompass about three hours of a multi-day trip, and so probably would not be worth it.

Anthony said:
Guest_raykirk777 said:
battalion51 said:
I have family in Perth, and I'm confident they speak conventional English.

Raymond, we appreciate your postings, but is there a way that you might be able to proofread or edit what you type here, to make things easier for us to understand? :)

I think you are asking if there are any high-speed trains that go from LAX to NYP, and the answer is No. You would need to go from LAX to CHI, then onto NYP, or from LAX to JAX and then onto NYP, but at this time there is no direct train, and especially nothing high-speed.

I suppose if you really wanted some high-speed train in your itinerary, you could travel from LAX to CHI to WAS, and then take the Acela Express from WAS to NYP. However, that would only encompass about three hours of a multi-day trip, and so probably would not be worth it.
Thank you Anthony i am DISABILITY and 18 year a go flight to USA west cost LAX 1986 i have fun good pelope. and Love Train Travel next Time serving for trip to USA I LOVE USA :wub: ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back