Long time without a shower!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sis

Train Attendant
I hadn't done the math earlier and now realize that we will be traveling for 75 hours without a shower! Have any of you found any secrets to cleaning up in the tiny bathrooms? I don't even do camping for this very reason. :(

I've done week long mountaineering trips in the Bob Marshall Wilderness where there no showers! You'll survive!

You could take along a World War II GI helmet and . . . Never mind, what the soldiers called that kind of bath isn't very nice. But I agree with RalphCT, you'll survive. AmtrakBlue's idea of using wet wipes is pretty good. Also taking along a washcloth works. It'll just take longer to get clean.

I presume you're traveling in coach. If you were in a sleeper, there are showers.

I actually used these wipes when I used to travel in coach. They're technically facial wipes, but they feel and smell soooo good.

300.JPG

As previously said, if you are in the sleepers you have access to a shower on the lower level of the car. I have used them several times with success !

The sleepers have showers with towels, washcloths, soap, etc. A friend who only travels coach carries a package of the wipes used in the hospital to bath patients, she finds these refreshing and hygienic.

Untitled.png

Formulated to remove the salt, dirt and odor associated with sweating
The soft, durable, high-quality wet and dry towelettes are each 10" X 12"
Low alcohol content and unscented

The OP is in coach, according to the other post about food...

Bring a small hand towl and a sponge, and some nice smelling spray!

Ed :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all of the bathrooms in a Superliner Coach car are tiny.

Tow - the Accessible Toilet and the Changing Room w/toilet are bigger.

There is also a bathroom that has 2 sinks a a separate toilet with it's own door.

http://www.craigmashburn.com/amtrakcardiagrams.html

The times I have been in coach and wanted to 'sponge bathe' I used these 8" x 8" packaged wash cloths;

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Comfort-Bath-Cleansing-Washcloths-Ultra-Thick-Disposable-8-X-8-Premoistened-Washcloths-8-ct-Bundle-Pack-of-4/38348214

I found that with a bit of thought 4 washcloths was sufficient for each 'bathing'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back