Long Stop on 66 in WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdj

Train Attendant
In a few weeks I will be traveling to Boston on train 66 in business class. If it is on time we will a long stop in Washington. If I get off the train and go into the station, will I be able to re-board at will or will I have to board with the passengers originating in Washington?

Yes you should be able to get back on the train at will. Way back in '03 I was riding the train back home to Miami after visiting my family in New York. When we pulled into Washington I went into the station called my mom from a pay phone (this was before my then adolescent self was able to afford a cell phone) and then found a stairway back onto the platform. All this happened within 15 mins of the train pulling into D.C..

On a bit of a side note I have a question. I'm based in Norfolk and every once in a while I ride the train from Newport News to NYC to visit my family. My train ride is preceded by a Thruway bus ride from Norfolk to the station in NPN. So far I have always had my tickets in hand. My question is if I were to buy my tickets and select the pick-up from station option would I be able to get on the Thruway bus?

Yes you should be able to get back on the train at will. Way back in '03 I was riding the train back home to Miami after visiting my family in New York. When we pulled into Washington I went into the station called my mom from a pay phone (this was before my then adolescent self was able to afford a cell phone) and then found a stairway back onto the platform. All this happened within 15 mins of the train pulling into D.C..
On a bit of a side note I have a question. I'm based in Norfolk and every once in a while I ride the train from Newport News to NYC to visit my family. My train ride is preceded by a Thruway bus ride from Norfolk to the station in NPN. So far I have always had my tickets in hand. My question is if I were to buy my tickets and select the pick-up from station option would I be able to get on the Thruway bus?
==============================

i think you can pick up your tickets at the station. you might have to give the driver your drivers license. this is how they do it sometimes with the bus from SF to emeryville.

I always thought the "Pick up at the station" box wasn't an option if your trip originates from an unstaffed station, which 95% (if not more) of thruway stops are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back