Lockers? Seattle King St. Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaki

Train Attendant
We will be checking out of our hotel in Seattle by 11 a.m., the EB does not leave until just before 5 p.m. I know that we can drop off our checked luggage in order to do a little sight seeing before we depart.

Are there lockers available to store our carry on bags?

We will be checking out of our hotel in Seattle by 11 a.m., the EB does not leave until just before 5 p.m. I know that we can drop off our checked luggage in order to do a little sight seeing before we depart.

Are there lockers available to store our carry on bags?
The last two summers that we were in Seattle catching the EB we were able to leave our carryon luggage with the checked luggage attendant for NO CHARGE while sightseeing in downtown/International District! For sure a nice tip was the very friendly and helpful attendants reward for this great service! (Toto we're not in New York anymore! :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago, I traveled to Seattle from Spokane on the EB and, the same day, turned around and traveled from Seattle to Chicago (roundabout way to get to Chicago when I could have left from Spokane instead, but, hey, it's my trip! :p :lol: ). I had met my uncle in Seattle who was going to travel to Chicago with me, and we left our bags with the checked luggage attendant with no trouble, even though we didn't actually check our bags. We had a roommette, and the sleeping car attendant was even good enough to put our bags in our room for us. Both luggage attendant and SCA got a nice tip as a result.

We just experienced this in September while honeymooning in SEA. We dropped off our luggage at the "checked luggage" stand and then went and watched the Mariners beat the Rangers. Literally a 5 minute walk from the stadium to the station. We arrived around 4:10pm for a 4:40pm departure. Worked like a charm! Have a great trip!

Are there any coin-lockers in use anywhere? I had thought that 9-11 ended having them in all transportation terminals.

Are there any coin-lockers in use anywhere? I had thought that 9-11 ended having them in all transportation terminals.
Chicago still has lockers. Not sure if they actually take coins anymore, probably just bills and credit cards, but they still do have lockers.

Chicago still has lockers. Not sure if they actually take coins anymore, probably just bills and credit cards, but they still do have lockers.
I am surprised to hear that. Must be a pain every time they have a bomb-scare, to check thru them all. That's the way it used to be here in New York, when they did have them.

Besides that, travelers could rarely ever get one, as the 'permanent residents' of the terminals (the homeless), monopolized them with their posessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back