List of loopholes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back through a lot of the old posts and copied down all the loophole routings I found, then checked them on Amtrak.com to get the total trip hours. (The times include stopovers, not just train time, because I was lazy and didn't feel like doing the extra math).
Note: I am not taking credit for discovering any of these loopholes. Everything on this list has been previously posted somewhere else on the AU forum.

1 Zone:

POS-SPI-GBB-EMY (120 hours)

OMA-SAC-PDX-CBS (110)

KCY-LAX-PDX-CBS (110)

CBS-PDX-SAC-DEN (99)

ELP-CHI-CVS-SDL or ELP-CHI-WAS-SDL (95)

ABQ-LAX-PDX-CBS (91)

SCH-LAX-DDG (83)

SDL-WAS-CHI-HMD (77)

ABQ-CHI-CVS-NOL (69)

ATL-WAS-CHI-DEN (61)

PTH-CHI-PGH-PHL-MIA (61)

WPT-CHI-CVS-ATL or WPT-CHI-WAS-ATL (61)

2 Zone:

SDL-WAS-CHI-SAC-SEA (135)

PDX-SAC-CHI-CVS-SDL (108) or PDX-SEA-CHI-WAS-SDL (91) or PDX-CHI-WAS-SDL (87)

AUS-SPI-GBB-SAC-PDX (104)

SDL-WAS-CHI-LAX (98)

ATL-WAS-CHI-LAX (87)

POR-BON-BBY-CHI-ELP (82)
Who's got a list of 3-Zone loopholes? Oh wait, lemmie think. Hmmmmm.

would it be cheaper to fly to atl to use the alt loophole to lax or just take the train coach to alt and ride back in the sleeper? If you have the vacation time of course. So many choices and so little time. ;)

Yeah, I was lazy and just used Arrow's totals when I made my list, so the times may be a bit inflated.

Awesome! You rock Roadfool! Appreciate the info, since I'm trying to figure our what "loophole" is. I just found this site and and checking things out. As soon as I figure out what it is, I'm sure this will come in very handy. LOL

Back