Lincoln IL man killed by Amtrak train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy

Service Attendant
If my memory is correct - this the second fatality on this route this month. Safety upgrades that may cut down on these incidents can't get implemented fast enough. Granted nothing will ever stop all events. No details are given within the article as to what took place.

A 58-year-old Lincoln man was killed Friday when he was struck by an Amtrak passenger train

"Authorities say the Amtrak train “Texas Eagle” struck and killed a pedestrian on the tracks in Lincoln, Illinois on Friday."

"The train was passing through Lincoln at 6:45 when it hit and killed a pedestrian walking on the tracks."

People just won't learn to respect the tracks.

Amtrak Texas Eagle on its way to St. Louis strikes and kills pedestrian

Amtrak Texas Eagle hits, kills person near Lincoln IL

Previous topic in the forum on the earlier incident.

Amtrak train strikes, kills pedestrian near Pontiac Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad = I did look back a couple of pages - clearly I missed it - apologies. Really the wise a-- comments were uncalled for. A simple kind alert to my screw up goes a long way. Being jerks about it just makes members look like jerks. I made an effort to look - my eyes obviously failed - again apologies.

I tend to ignore any thread that starts off with anything that looks like a hashtag. Could have been why I missed it.

Not exactly a great title choice to grab attention to the thread - also a key reason it could have easily been missed.

Also NO mention made of this being the 2nd such situation this month in that thread. Which is a VERY important / key element to any incident story related to the route.

Last edited by a moderator:
612+Lighten+Up+Francis.jpg

(actually the title was pretty much perfect)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back