Life on the mainline

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
This is a little bit off topic, but a definite accomplishment for me. I signed my lease last week for my Apartment for next school year. My complex is convienently located two miles from campus, but more importantly right on the CSX Tallahassee Subdivision. There are three buildings that have mainline views from the apartment, and we are right at the SE Tallahassee Control Point. I'll find out in Febuary exactly which apartment I'll be in, but it should be great. The line sees about 20 trains per day and the Sunset Limited six days a week (when it runs east of NOL). Should be fun!

battalion51 said:
This is a little bit off topic, but a definite accomplishment for me. I signed my lease last week for my Apartment for next school year. My complex is convienently located two miles from campus, but more importantly right on the CSX Tallahassee Subdivision. There are three buildings that have mainline views from the apartment, and we are right at the SE Tallahassee Control Point. I'll find out in Febuary exactly which apartment I'll be in, but it should be great. The line sees about 20 trains per day and the Sunset Limited six days a week (when it runs east of NOL). Should be fun!
You mean 3 days? :lol: Sounds awesome man. Im thinking about doing the same thing after next year. Is it going to be just you, or are you splitting with a roommate?

No, six days a week may well be correct, depending on where you are located and how late UP has made the train(s) on that run. 3 days a week in each direction = 6 trains per week. Of course depending on schedules it could be between 3 and 6. Here in the Orlando area, (South of SFA) when Sunset is running I would see the P001/P002 trains 12 times per week unless they terminate early in SFA and bustitute the pax to WPK and ORL. (Huh?!) Yep. Since they overnight the train in SFA, we see each train twice, once with pax and once without. Remember that since Sunset is a LONG route, the days of the week that you will see it depend entirely on where you are located along the route (well, that and how late UP has made it).

AmtrakWPK said:
No, six days a week may well be correct, depending on where you are located and how late UP has made the train(s) on that run. 3 days a week in each direction = 6 trains per week. Of course depending on schedules it could be between 3 and 6. Here in the Orlando area, (South of SFA) when Sunset is running I would see the P001/P002 trains 12 times per week unless they terminate early in SFA and bustitute the pax to WPK and ORL. (Huh?!) Yep. Since they overnight the train in SFA, we see each train twice, once with pax and once without. Remember that since Sunset is a LONG route, the days of the week that you will see it depend entirely on where you are located along the route (well, that and how late UP has made it).
haha, wow, yea that makes sense. I was just thinking in terms of one direction. That is the 1 hour of sleep talking, on that note, I am going to bed!

Tallahassee does see the train six days a week (three in each direction), I believe west of PNS to NOL it's four days a week.

Wow! Sounds like a great view! :) The SW CHIEF used to come within about 15 miles of here. I would make the trip quite often...just to see such magnificence roll into the station...always a grand entrance! A few years back, my old friend was rerouted. Now it's a 50 mile trip so our paths don't cross as often. Ah, but every now and then........like I said, enjoy the view!

battalion51 said:
Hey everyone, bat51 has a "railfan" viewing platform! Can we use it? LOL

Hmm actually, going to school in Tally, and having his own apartment. Hmmm when is the first PARTY?

Good luck bro, congrats to ya. OBS... ;)

I hope the ;) isn't what you were going for, but thanks. We're actually going to try to maintain order in our household, no big parties, too much stuff gets/broken stolen. That's not to say I don't/won't go elsewhere though. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back